top of page

World of the Married -- Episode 3 & 4: The Beginning of the End

For me, The World of the Married is by far the best drama of 2020. From its writing to its directing, editing, and acting, nothing is wasted or meaningless. Every gesture, tone, look, even the sometimes deafening silence is intendedly calculated to convey a message. As they say, sometimes the sound of silence is the most deafening sound of all. Kudos to all involved but specifically to Kim Hee Ae, Park Hae Joon as Lee Tae Oh Sun Woo's husband, and Han So Hee in the role of Yeo Da Kyung, the most hated mistress to ever grace a screen.

I cannot for the life of me understand cheating, and I don't care what or why; there is no excuse for it whatsoever. Not only is Sun Woo's husband a cheater, but he is also a thief. Despite not liking it, I understood Sun Woo's stance and the measures she took to save her marriage. She wanted her good-for-nothing husband to choose her, given a choice to pick her. I also cannot fault her for still being in love even if he wasn't worth it. It just made her very human and that much more relatable. My heart broke for her. But unfortunately, things got really dramatic for Sun Woo. And despite knowing that it would, it was still hard to see hit rock-bottom before realizing she wasn’t going to go down quietly.

This drama is all kinds of intense. I've been waiting hours for this episode to be subbed, and it was worth it. Sun Woo is a beast, and she wasn't playing when she said she would do whatever it took to keep her son, house, and life. I do not condone revenge cheating, but her sleeping with Son Je Hyuk (Kim Young Min) wasn't only for revenge but part of a strategy to secure her husband's personal and business finances, and it worked like a charm on a man who appeared to have been pinning for her for a very long time. I had suspected Lee Joon Young Sun Woo's son (Jeon Jin Seo) knew about his father's affair. My heart went out to him to find out how he did, but him trying to guilt his mom into staying with a cheating father, although it all made everything that much worse. But with Sun Woo having the proof and the finances, I knew things would get pretty chaotic and explosive from here on out.

0 comments

Related Posts

See All
bottom of page