Hospital Playlist 2 -- Episode 11: Good Things Come to those who Wait

My heart was in my throat this whole episode. Song Hwa's reaction, the thought of losing the one person that means the world to you, was so emotionally charing to watch. It significantly affected me, like it was happening to a family member. It was even harder to take, since it was Ik Jun, the one person who is always laughing and making others feel comfortable. Despite the occasion, I was glad he had the people who care about him the most comforting him for a change. Seeing U-Ju's reaction to his dad at the hospital was so earnest it had me bawling.

I was thrilled to see him still have that spirit, and loved his moments with Song Hwa while at the hospital, but her confession and his reaction to it even more, as they say good things always come to those who wait, even if that something was a near fatal accident, to make Song Hwa realize how much Ik Jun means to her. Despite knowing how much Ik Jun cares for Song Hwa, I wasn't sure if he had given up on her loving him, but I was glad he hadn't.

I was so ecstatic for Min Ha finally a date with Suk Hyung, the long awaited dinner and a movie. I was worried at first, but was so glad he wasn't leaving for the US. I figured he only said it for some privacy in his life from his mom. But I hope he will stand for himself not to repeat the mistakes of the past. I love how he treats Min Ha so gently and considerately, but more how comforting she is to him. Everything is falling perfectly into place from Jun wan and Ik Sun to Ik Jun and Song Hwa, and even Rosa and Ju Sung. I couldn't ask for more now if we could only have Jung Wong propose to Gyeo Wool. I cannot wait to see what the final episode holds for us on the relationship front. They all deserve their happiness.

I felt terrible for Choi Sung Young for having to endure someone else's anxieties to think less about himself. I never liked Doctor Gi Jun Min, and even less now for constantly criticizing and putting others down to feel superior and hide his insecurities. I love the drama for taking the time to show us that not all doctors are like Gi Jun Min. Rather, the majority are like Ik Jun, Jung Won, Jun Wan, Sang Hwa, Min Ha, Suk Hyung, Bong Kwang Hyun, and even Heo Sun Bin. Providing, nurturing and always keeping a watch for interns and residents, lifting them up when they're down, mentoring and letting them know that comeback is always more rewarding than the setback. As it's been said repeatedly, leaders become great, not for their power, but for their ability to empower others.

What I love most about Hospital Playlist is it far exceeds expectations and stands out to other series in its genre. Not only do the doctors save most of the serious cases that come through their doors, but they also do it with ever-present composure, sincerity, and often have the best interest of their patients, guardians, and fellow doctors. I love this drama! Watch episode 11 here.

0 comments