top of page

Hospital Playlist 2 -- Episode 10: The Highs and Lows of Life

So much happens this episode. I laughed, I cried and cringed all in one sitting. I don't even know what more I can say about how good Hospital Playlist is for tackling and the way it handles the many hard to taboo issues, from the potential of donor trafficking to the rigorous donor screening and more.

Still, the one that affected me most was the aftermath of spousal abuse and its impact on children, even adults. It breaks my heart for Gyeo-ul, her brother, and her mom. They have to deal with the psychological ramifications and the social, and that's what I had a hard time reconciling despite understanding it culturally. Now that I know, I appreciate why she hadn't told Jung Won, but I'm glad she finally did. He's exactly what she needed.

I don't even know where to begin with Jae-Hak and his wife having to navigate one issue after another; as exciting as the late pregnancy was as cruel as it was the breast cancer diagnosis. And as devastating as it must've been for Jae-Hak to hear about his wife's diagnosis, I loved him even more than I already do for choosing his wife over the hard-earned pregnancy. But I understood the wife even more for wanting to keep the pregnancy despite the risk. The saying that life is the sum of our choices is true because every choice a person makes turns them into who they become. And it's at these times, one needs a friend and support, and both Jae Hak and his wife are lucky to have both Jun Wan and Suk Hyung as doctors and friends by their sides.

I like how Hospital Playlist has a knack of softening the hard-to-watch scenes with extra touching and comedic ones. The process of preparing for the hiking trip had to be the best moment of this drama since it started, especially since after everything the friends went through, only Jun Wan and Suk Hyung make it. Still, the best part was finding out the resort belonged to Chu Min Ha's parents. I loved Suk Hyung's reaction and couldn't believe her parents mistook Jun Wan for the bear. But more than anything, I adore that they all know he has feelings for her. This show is too much at times.

I will forever keep saying this moment or that moment in the drama is the best, but the all leather and chain band practice was out of this world; Ik Jun sure does know how to throw a birthday party. I love the way he looks at Song Hwa; it's only a matter of time before she confesses her love. Jung Won mad jealous that Gyeo-ul had an admirer was a wonder to watch; I thought he would yell out that he was the boyfriend to keep the doctors from circulating her, I laughed so hard. I was elated that Jun Wan and Ik Sun finally met and had a heart-to-heart talk. I felt like hugging Jun Wan for everything he's been through and Ik Sun too but him most. But just as this show brings us to the highest point of life, it can quickly get us to the lowest; I just hope against all hope that the doctor with the accident isn't Ik Jun. Watch Episode 10 here.