top of page

Law School -- Episode 2: Lady Justice is Blind or is She?

I love the show’s motto – truth and justice only by the law. In a way, I understand Professor Yang’s student’s reaction to his arrest but was a bit disappointed as well. It is true one can never truly know someone, no matter how close they are to them. But they should’ve at least tried to trust that he would never commit such an act and try to help prove his innocence. People are, after all, innocent until proven guilty.

I specifically didn’t appreciate Kang Sol B and Seo Ji Ho’s reaction. I wonder what secrets they’re all keeping, not just students Han Joon Hwi, Kang Sol A and B, Seo Ji Ho, Jeon Ye Seul, Yoo Seung Jae, Min Bok Gi, and Jo Ye Bum but the law school as well. Everyone sure does seem to have a story that makes them suspects of Seo Byeong Joo’s murder; what and how now that will be fun to uncover.

I so appreciated Prof Yang’s silence despite it making him seem like he was hiding something. Because he knew the police had already determined him guilty without even investigating. And as they say, sometimes silence is the best answer to someone who doesn’t value your words. And because, indeed, one can never truly know anyone, because it seems like no one knew the extent of Seo Byeong Joo’s deviance as a human being or as a prosecutor. For a man bound by oath to uphold the law and bring criminals to justice, he sure didn’t have any qualms about breaking them and covering up his crimes by aiding and abetting a child predator (Jo Jae Ryong) for his own benefit. I can see why so many wanted him dead.

It is easy to see that even between the students and professors, there are clear allegiances where and how they go; now, that is a totally different story. I didn’t expect Seo Byeong Joo to be Han Joon Hwi’s uncle of all the secrets. I understand why he hid that from everyone, including the school, and more so his passion to be as different from his uncle as he can be. They say family is supposed to be a safe haven. Very often, it’s the place where one finds the deepest heartache. How toxic was this man that so many of his students and even colleagues wanted him dead; one thing is for sure I love the story’s progression and the many twists and turns it promises—great scriptwriting, directing, and acting from all parties involved. Watch Episode 2 here.