top of page

LUCA -- Episode 10: Greed

They say the most miserable people are those who care only about themselves, understand only their own troubles and see only their own perspective. A mother's instinct is always to protect her child, so in that sense, I understood Gu Reum. That said, though, her lack of trust in Zi 0 not just as her husband but as the only person to have lived his struggle and knows first hand his loneliness is quite disappointing. And what was worse was she seemed to forget her training and instinct as a cop. I wonder if her realization that her parents may have had a hand in making Zi 0 influence her decision to break his heart out of guilt rather than hate or blame.

Lee Son's lack of development or even ability to acknowledge his pursuit of Zi 0 was flawed from the onset bothered and disappointed me. He seemed trapped in his own set of beliefs that murdering and killing without reason or reproach is an act of patriotism, but in Zi 0, he met his match and most probably his end. The way I see it, he is probably the most underutilized character in this whole drama.

Kim Chul Soo, Choi Jin Hwan, Cult Lady, and even the mad scientist are all nothing more than pawns, manipulated and moved by their own greed, without regard to the destruction they leave behind ―"There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed." ―Siddharta Gautama. Watch Episode 10 here.