top of page

Vincenzo -- Episodes 15 & 16: Darkness

Thank God for Inzaghi and all her/his friends, the best part of the episode apart from the shaman stuff. I couldn't stop laughing at Vincenzo; they all outdid themselves from Vincenzo to Cha Young and Nam Joo Sung. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say Vincenzo was the most beautiful shaman I've seen in a k-drama.

I was not at all surprised to see Prosecutor Jung betray Jipuragi. He was just too good to be true, and I loved that Vincenzo went Mafia in your home style, where he knew he would be weakest. One shouldn't mess with other people's families if they don't want others to mess with theirs. As they say, deal with the devil if the devil has a constituency but don't complain about the heat that follows.

I give it to Myung Hee and Babel; they always have a pretty good comeback to whatever Vincenzo dishes at them, but then so does he. It's a dangerous game of cat and mouse they've continued to play; someone was bound to get badly hurt. Knowing Myung Hee, I wasn't at all surprised she tried to frame Vincenzo for Mr. Oh's death, but I also knew he wouldn't be easy to frame. I cannot believe Vincenzo let himself be lured to the rooftop after what happened the last time. But just like Inzaghi was there to save him, so was the Plaza and CEO Park Seok Do (Kim Young Woong). And as Vincenzo said, he's definitely grown on me too. It almost feels like rather than Vincenzo rescuing the Plaza, it will rescue him. Family isn't always blood; it's the people in your life who want you in theirs: the ones who accept you for who you are.

In the back of my mind, I always had this nagging feeling Jun Woo would get to Vincenzo's mother before he had the chance to reconcile with her. I thought maybe he'd abide by a code of honor of not touching family members, but, of course, being the psychopath that he is, he has no such honor. He did exactly what I feared. And as sad as it was to see Vincenzo lose her when they were finally reconciling, as glad that he had the moments he did with her and she with him. Myung Hee and Jun Woo celebrating for finally scoring on Vincenzo were beyond cowardly; the act itself was despicable, as they say, despair gives cowards courage. I could only imagine Vincenzo's fury. The way he calmly walked out of that hospital chilled me to the bone.

I cannot remember the last time I wanted anyone dead as much as I want it for Myung Hee. I was praying Vincenzo would go all mafia. When he had the walking dead contract killer who killed his mom burst into their party, the utter shock and fear on Myung Hee, Seung Hyuk, Han Seo, and especially Jun Woo's faces, I screamed with joy. Best moment of the episode or maybe the series. I cannot wait to see what Vincenzo has in store for them. Brilliantly done! Watch Episodes 15 & 16 here.